There are many benefits to daycare. To ensure safety and enjoyment of all participating dogs, Dogs for Better Lives has an extensive and ongoing evaluation process. Groups will be divided based on factors such as age, size, temperament and play style and we will do our best to fit your dog into the proper group.
However, not all dogs will fit within our available play groups and therefore we cannot accept all dogs. All dogs must fit our requirements.
- No dog under the age of 6 months
- No intact males over the age of 7 months or those who have begun showing intact behaviors
- Female dogs that are currently in heat or have been in heat within 4 weeks prior.
- Each dog must have a healthy fecal result on file within the past 6 months.
- All dogs must be crate trained in a positive way as this is where they will take their rest breaks.
How to Join Dog Daycare
If you would like to have your dog evaluated for daycare, please fill out our client questionnaire below and then we will call you to schedule an evaluation. If meet and greet is successful, your dog will do a 3 day trial of half day daycare. After third day, your dog is welcome to attend full day daycare.
The process is as follows:
- Meeting the dog on leash in the lobby with owner present
- Staff walking dog on leash without owner present
- Seeing how comfortable dog is going in a crate
- Introduce dog to dog on leash
- Introduce dog to dog off leash
- Introduce one dog at a time off leash
- Staff putting leash and collar back on dog
Due to the multi-day evaluation process and the length of time it takes for dogs to get familiar with each other, we are unable to accept short-term dog daycare clients. We respectfully ask that you will be in the area and utilizing daycare services for at minimum of 4 times per month during the busy season (May-September)
Please contact us at 508-564-4088 with any questions.